Photoshop CS3 related
- Figure out how to color correct a bunch of photos before working on composition.
Match the color in different images using Match Color command
Illustrator CS3 related
- Flow text around graphics.
Here's the solution.
- Separate Text from text path
Turn outs it's more like you select a corner handle, and the drag a text area. It's very much link to the text flow
- Hot Linkage between Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3
This is in fact MUCH EASIER than I thought, and works even with my Portable version of Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3. Here's how you do it:
- In your Windows Explorer, make sure that psd file is associated to your Photoshop app. In my case I associated it to Photoshop CS3 portable.
- In Illustrator, select the imported psd object, and thus select the menu [Edit][Edit Original]
- Photoshop will be laoded, and so will your psd document. After you finish editing, save.
- When you get back to Illustrator, there will be a message saying that the source has change and ask for update confirmation. Accept it you got the modified psd object. Awesome.
I also found an awesome new feature in Photoshop CS3 for creating DuoTone photo from color photo. Just select [Image][Adjustment][Black & White]. This gives you much better control on converting photo to duotone. Awesome.
- Add a think border to photo (from Photoshop)
- Short cut of Illustrator CS3. These short cust makes me feel like I am playing musical keyboard when working on graphic, but hell they are essential when I do a lot of graphic manipulation.
- Export Photoshop Path to Illustrator. This is easy.
- Copy layer between two Illustrator document.
This is supposed to be the solution.
But actually I found a better solution: use the [Edit] [Paste in Front] will paste the objects that I copied from one document to the new document and keep the position of all items.
- Create transperant Glass effect in Illustrator
This site would be a good start .... keep searching ...
- Learn how to use Live Color and Color Guide effectively.
This awesome video demonstrates what Live Color is about.
- Figure out how to consistent join two object
Couldn't believe that I keep forgetting how to do it:
- Select the two objects you wan to join.
- Bring up Pathfinder, click the union icon on "Shape Modes"
- select menu [Object][Expand Apperance...]
- Find out how to modify effect history.
Turns out the solution is pretty straight forward : Just bring up the "Appearance" Window and modify all the applied effects.