Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Daz Studio 4: how to make all your files successfully open anywhere

Once again I have Daz Studio (this time it is Daz Studio 4 Pro 64 bit) installed on a new machine, and once again the file did NOT open properly, claiming that some files are missing.

I already tried to mimic the file structure to match perfectly even down to physical location and still didn't work.  Finally I found out, by reading the log file (which is in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt) that a whole directory tree "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\4_0" is missing, and so I copied the whole directory and now it's working relatively OK.

Now my next step is to set up SyncToy to make sure that the following 2 directories are perfectly match among my installations:

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content

No comments: