Saturday, January 21, 2012

Corel Painter 11 and animation = crash

This morning I suddenly got interest in doing animation.  And since Painter 11 for Windows supports frame by frame animation, so I tried the animation feature.  However, everything I played my animation, stopped and then played again, the application crash.  It was getting so annoying that the animation feature becomes basically useless.

So I then tried Painter 12 (with 12.1 update), and there was no problem so far.  Granted, the first time I used it, the brush was ultra slow, but then I read this and follow the instruction.  Interesting enough, the slowness problem does not exist after I logged out and logged in again.

BTW, Painter 12 (same as 11) can't be made portable.  (some experiment I did).

At the end, though, because of the lack of hotkey and such, I still think it's better to do animation in ToonBoom Studio instead.


No comments: