Saturday, July 13, 2013

New machine, new set up battle

I haven't been using DazStudio for a while since my desktop (MacMini late 2009) is simply underpower for such activity.  But then recently I finally made up my mind to buy more powerful machine to do 3D animation.  So I spent US$820 getting a Dell XPS 8500 with Core i7 4th gen with NVidia GeForce GTX 645.  I only have it setup for less than a day, but so far I am cool with the performance.

So now it come to the time to set up Daz Studio again.  The version I am using now is Daz Studio 4.6.0.18 Pro Edition 64 bit.  I was trying to follow my "Finally have DazStudio 4.5 properly running on my MacMini" blog post, and found that the one of the SyncToy directory changed.  So here's my new setting:

(new setting)
- Set up SyncToy sync folder to sync between "\\192.168.2.10\z\_ Frequently Install Software\Ultimate Poser Vault\content" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library"  (for syncing my 19Gb+ Daz content)
(old setting, still works)
-  Set up SyncToy sync folder to sync between "C:\Users\d****\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio" and "\\192.168.2.10\z\_ To Save\My Daz Studio Setting"


No comments: